Spoilers

In discussing films, there might be spoilers. Sorry!


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Troy Duffy Makes Me Realize I Should Type More

Here is another example of chill giving "I want to write this good ...!" I get the same feeling every single time I watch "12 Angry Men," the original with Henry Fonda. It is one of my all time favorite movies and I do re-watch once or twice a year, each time thinking, as I sit mesmerized and not fiddling around with other things, "Oh ... I want to write shit like this ..."

It is usually at that point that I text my writing partner of fifteen years with the same question every time and every time she always says they exact same thing "Wouldn't we all?" She always does know just the right thing to say. :)

Twelve guys. One room. Two hours. And it works?! Genius. Pure Genesis.

And so is the simplicity, yet brilliance of this, and it makes me want to open a file and start typing:

And shepherds we shall be, for thee
my Lord for thee. Power hath
descended from thy hand that
our feet may swiftly carry out thy
command. So we may flow a river
forth to thee and teaming with souls
shall it ever be. E nomini patri, et
Fili e spiritu sancti.

Thank you Mr. Duffy. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment