Spoilers

In discussing films, there might be spoilers. Sorry!


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Still back logging: "Mimic"


There is no way in the world that I could ever be able to say that "Mimic" was supposed to be an Academy Award winning film, even if it did have Academy winning people it in. I can say, however, that it was such a blast to watch that we watched it twice ... once, of course, to see it with our bug-a-phobic daughter who then laughed her ass off!!

Seems giant cockroaches trying to eat the population of New York is not so scary to her. :)

And I can also say that when I went to the last remaining video store in town, a mom & pop store, the people who run it had
moved "Mimic" out of the Sci Fi section and into their personal "Favorite Cult Classics" at the front of the store.

For me, it was just great to see Mr. Reedus in his very first part. And in a role that had to last mere minutes, his character, Jeremy, was not only one of the most friggin' adorable scene stealer's in movie history, but so damn memorable he made it to my top ten favorite parts ... for ... let me repeat ... a role-that-lasted-under-two-minutes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment